At the end of last year, I was busy making a few Christmas presents, one a supersize scrapbook of my nephew and the other, a baby mobile for my other sister who has just had her first child. He was born in January and after seeing my DIY Dinosaur baby mobile, they had requested one of their own for their little man.
After making one baby mobile, it’s fair to say I’m still a novice with sewing and I’m still learning. On this DIY project, I learnt that you should always, always buy more thread than you think you might need. I seriously underestimated the amount of embroidery thread needed for this hot air balloon design, and that 12 meters wasn’t nearly enough. Whereas for the dinosaur one, I completed it in less than that.
I kept the design as simple as possible, scouring Pinterest for ideas and tips, and I reckon anyone could tackle this. It’s simple, cute and will be a feature in any nursery.